Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 10: Watchmen's Tower

It was 2AM on the 20th and I took over the wheel and got us to a parking lot with in an hour of Zion at 5AM. Sam passed out and I stayed awake until I could get the gang together for forward momentum which happened to be around 7:30AM. We drove to a Walmart to pick some food up and headed to Zion. After leaving the Walmart parking lot I passed out and woke up to, "MacK, your missing the views...".

Zion was...and still is, breathtaking and way more beautiful than I imagined. We setup camp and everyone got situated in what will be their home for next couple of days. Once again, I was determined to get out and look at views and we headed out for Watchmen's Tower or Outlook. The views you see don't do justice but I none-the-less, they're still amazing.

Coming to Zion, I didn't even think about wildlife; just landscapes and hiking. I did manage to run into some lizards which are pretty neat little, and not so little, creatures. The white and black collar one reminds me of the dinosaur from Jurassic Park that sprays the venom into the guy with the Wippit can. So I was a little weary on getting close but the photos for the lizards are better than what I expected.

I am keeping this post short due to the fact we are climbing Angel's Landing very soon and hopefully another trail after that. Angel's Heaven is pretty steep and long so I may just take a nap directly after the hike, I really don't know.

Cheers,

MacKeag

All pictures below are unedited.



20 minutes with a nagging wife on backing up their brand new RV. We cheered when they made it out of their spot and they gave us ice cream. :)








John trying  to get his hat he threw over a cliff and almost sat on a cactus.





3 comments:

  1. Don't squat on a cactus! Lizards apparently hold their poses longer than wolves. Nice shots. A really different landscape! What's the temperature there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is gold there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog! Love, love, love your pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete