Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Not So Ugly Duckling

My coworker wanted me to drive out to West Yellowstone for some things and I was all like, "Dude it's snowing maybe tomorrow....?" Then I get off of work and it stopped and he sent a text saying that...I said sure and drove out to West. Next thing you know I'm holding the gate open as a truck is driving through. I of course ask him if he knew the combo and he responded with *BEEP* and I said enjoy the clear road.

On the way back, I opened the gate, pulled my truck through, got out, looked at Matilda and saw a line of cars driving to West and stood outside in my tee-shirt and work pants while it started to snow. Five cars later and I looked the gate and turned the code. Upon driving and listening to music I passed a couple more cars and enjoyed the flurries in the surrounding mountains because I could.

I was looking at a river 1/4 mile North of Fountain Paint Pot Drive and saw a white magical swan swimming up river. It really wasn't going anywhere but up the river, bobbing for apples or what have you, and floating down. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It got really cold outside and I couldn't even hold the camera steady due to not being prepared for the cold for once.

None the less, I took some photos and really enjoyed two of them. I was going for reflection shots and Noticed I have the letter "B" and "O" with the reflection that reminded me of a hike with Missy and Kevin when we did Bunsen Peak. It was the first time I didn't go down Bunsen the same way I came up and we made the decision at the top to go down the back end where there were plenty of wildflowers and great views of canyons and such beautiful landscapes. One thing in particular that drew my eye were these lodge pole pines that I believe were from the '88 fires that had been sitting there dead but still standing. From a particular angle, they made the letter "A" and now I have this crazy idea to try and find letters in nature. Hell, if Drew Barrymore can come out with a book on finding "Hearts" in things like coffee and clouds then I can create something like this and turn it into a kids book or something....I'll just need to find the money to back it.

Any who, it was a peaceful ride and found a swan that wasn't hundreds of yards away and once again, no one was around. It almost makes me want to do this again this time next season but with a shorter break so I can enjoy the empty park and have it to my greedy self. We shall see what summer brings.

"B" or "3"

"O"

2 comments: